Smartabase, the premier human performance optimization platform for elite sports teams, was designed to integrate into your existing tech stack. Below, we explore the benefits it brings to your organization and how it works. Jump to:
The Hub for Specialized Solutions
Smartabase provides a mature API, allowing you to push and pull data from it. This back-and-forth exchange enables you to capture information from a wide variety of wearables, systems, and other inputs and consolidate it in a single, centralized platform. Complete and current information is then communicated to stakeholders via dashboards and other highly customizable reporting features. It can also be exported into external applications for further visualization and analysis.
Many vendors don't provide robust APIs or integration capabilities because they want you to use their system for everything. This means you’re restricted to utilizing their often underdeveloped built-in functionality instead of taking advantage of more specialized solutions.
Faster Time to ROI
Creating, testing, and maintaining individual integrations between a standalone HPO platform and external systems is a time-consuming task. Smartabase offers stable, pre-built integrations with leading performance and medical systems, enabling you to start collecting data immediately while freeing up your staff to focus on other, more valuable tasks.
Smartabase’s development team has hundreds of years of cumulative experience, with millions of dollars invested in research and development. The thousands of hours Smartabase has spent researching, developing, and refining robust features for elite sports and military clients yield dividends for all its customers.
Reducing Total Cost of Ownership
- Maintenance: Maintaining ever-changing APIs or updating your solution to work with the latest operating systems, browsers, or core applications requires significant manpower. Smartabase takes this burden off your internal staff.
- Scalability: Implementing a scalable platform such as Smartabase expedites rolling out new features, capturing and collating more data sets, and incorporating additional users, administrators, departments, and teams.
- Data Privacy & Security: Homegrown solutions rarely meet basic HIPAA compliance and other data privacy, compliance, and security standards. This can compromise individuals’ privacy and put your organization at risk. Smartabase provides military-grade security and adheres to global security standards.
- Minimize Security and Compliance Risks. Homegrown solutions rarely meet basic HIPAA compliance and other privacy and security standards, and are often stored on staff members’ own devices. This presents a significant security risk, particularly when they access athletes’ performance and health data via unsecured networks (like in airports or hotels). Whereas a human performance platform such as Smartabase adheres to global security standards and is hosted in a highly secure environment that protects athlete privacy.
- Manage Permissions. Controlling who has access to what and what they’re allowed to do is difficult to build in a homegrown system where, more often, it’s an all-or-nothing option. A mature human performance platform provides role-based access and group structures that allow you to easily manage who gets to do and see what.
- Avoid Single Points of Failure. Homegrown solutions often have one person who knows what was built, why, and how. They are a single point of failure and pose a major risk to the continuity of your program when they leave. By working with a reputable vendor, you can have more confidence that the performance program you build won’t fall apart when someone on your staff leaves.
Using Third-Party Analytics Tools
If your team is used to visualizing information in another system, you can use the Smartabase API to send data into a business intelligence tool like Tableau or Power BI. Data can also be sent into advanced analytics systems to leverage them for more sophisticated assessment and analysis. As we wrote in a previous article, integration between Smartabase and R Analytics can “enable sports scientists to utilize machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).” Such applications create real-time reports when the system identifies a trend in live data, increase the processing speed of large data sets, and utilize current and historical information for predictive modeling.
HPO as Part of Your Operating System
The Smartabase HPO platform helps pro sports teams increase player availability and readiness. Its benefits are amplified when Smartabase is part of a consolidated and integrated Operating System for Sports™. From recruiting and compliance, to community and brand-building, Teamworks provides the suite of tools you need to create an exceptional athlete experience and help your staff have a greater impact.
If you’d like to learn more about how pro teams are using Smartabase or any other product in The Operating System for Sports™, please contact us.