This is the Privacy and Cookies policy for the Teamworks sites hosted at www.teamworks.com, www.teamworksapp.com, and any affiliated sites, (“Sites”). These Sites are operated by Teamworks Innovations, Inc. (“Teamworks“, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.This Policy explains who we are, why and how we process your personal information (also referred to here as personal data) and your rights and how to contact us if you need to.
1. Information we collect about youWe may collect and process your personal data if:You or the company you work for are a customer or a supplier of ours.You or the company you work for use our Site.You are someone (or you work for someone) to whom we want to advertise or market our Site or services.Information we collect from you or from a third partyWe may process your personal data that we have either obtained from you, or obtained from somewhere else. Personal data which is not collected directly from you may be collected:From your employer in connection with your role and its relation to our provision of the Site.If you use any websites operated by us.From third parties we work closely with (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.Personal data relating to you that we process may include:Your name.Who you work for, and your job function or department.Your address, phone number, email address or other contact details (these details may relate to your work or to you personally, depending on the nature of our relationship with you or the company that you work for).Information about you that you give us by communicating with us by phone, by e-mail, via our website, via social media or otherwise. It includes information you give us or that we obtain when you use our website, obtain or subscribe to communications from our Site, supply us with goods or services, enquire about a product, place an order, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or contact our Customer Success team to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person that you work for.Information relating to transactions with us involving you or the company you work for (for example, details of goods or services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).Information that we obtain from you when you use our website may include:Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platformInformation about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
3. How we use your informationInformation you give to usWe will use this information to:Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you or the company you work for and us including:providing our Site to you or the company you work for, as the case may be;administering you/your company’s account with us, including billing;verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments you make in your own capacity or on behalf of your company.notifying you about changes to our service.providing you with information about our products or services we feel may interest you or the company you work for, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collected your information, where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications. See ‘Our promotional updates and communications‘.ensuring in our legitimate interests that:content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;we provide you or the company you work for with the information, products and services you request from us.Information we collect about you from your use of our SiteWe will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:To administer and support our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, internal reporting and analytics (metadata only) testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.To keep our Site safe and secure.For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.Information we receive from other sourcesWe will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Our promotional updates and communicationsWhere permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email/SMS about our Site.You can object to further marketing at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you.You can also request that we send marketing material to a non-personal email address instead of one which identifies you as an individual.
7. How we protect your informationWe pride ourselves in our approach to ensuring the data you entrust to us is handled appropriately and subscribe to several standards that should give you the peace of mind that your information is as safe as possible. In the instance of our educational customers, we strictly adhere to FERPA to ensure that our systems, processes and people exceed the minimum standards and perform regular audits to ensure ongoing compliance. In general, we adhere to PCI DSS Level 1 standards despite not storing credit card information in our system. This is done to ensure that no matter what you choose to store in Teamworks, it will be held to the highest of security standards.All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers where the data is encrypted at rest. All data exchange transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.In addition to our tight system security guidelines, our teams are trained to treat your educational or private institution data with the highest level of security and we have annual training programs that every employee undergoes to ensure currency with PCI, FERPA and other regulation.Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
8. How long we keep your informationWe retain personal data for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings OR insert time period for which personal information is stored or, where that is not possible, the criteria used to determine the period. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
9. Your rightsYou have the right under certain circumstances:to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing as mentioned in ‘Our promotional updates and communications’ section;to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.Your right to withdraw consent:Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us here. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in ‘Our promotional updates and communications’ section.How to exercise your rightsYou can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting the Teamworks Privacy Officer at email@example.com.If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
11. Contact us
Our full details are:Privacy Officer
Teamworks Innovations, Inc.
122 E Parrish St, Durham,
NC, USA 27701
Teamworks has appointed DPR Group as their Data Protection Representative in the European Union so that you can contact them directly in your home country. DPR Group has locations in each of the 28 EU countries, so that our customers can always raise questions they want with them. If you want to raise a question to Teamworks, or otherwise exercise your rights in respect of your personal data, you may do so by:Sending an email to DPR Group at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Teamworks Innovations, Inc. in the subject line,Contacting us on our online webform at dpre.eu.com/datarequest, orMailing your inquiry to DPR Group at the most convenient of the addresses found below.PLEASE NOTE: when mailing inquiries, it is ESSENTIAL that you mark your letters for ‘DPR Group’ and not ‘Teamworks Innovations, Inc.’ or ‘Teamworks’, or your inquiry may not reach DPR. Please refer clearly to Teamworks Innovations, Inc. in your correspondence. On receiving your correspondence, Teamworks will request evidence of your identity, to ensure your personal data and information connected with it is not provided to anyone other than you.