Selecting the right sports SAAS (Software as a Service) vendor is a critical decision. Long-term contracts, often spanning three years or more, underline the need to make an informed choice from the outset. Gaining buy-in from your team and staff is a pivotal step, and the company you select must align seamlessly with the standards and specific requirements of your organization. It’s not a decision to take lightly, for choosing the right SAAS vendor is a cornerstone of your long-term success.
And having been in the SAAS game for the last 17 years, Teamworks is here to support you with that decision making process.
Is Your Technology Working FOR You?
Teamworks recently celebrated a victory at the World Football Summit Awards and engaged in a revealing conversation with Steve McCaskill, Tech Expert at Sports Pro and Katia Zavershinskaya, former IT Business Solutions and Data Protection Officer at Arsenal FC . The discussion shed light on the importance of finding the right technology for organizations. Here are some key takeaways to consider when selecting a SAAS (Software as a Service) vendor.
Top Characteristics to Look for in a SAAS Vendor
1. Experience: It's crucial to partner with a vendor who possesses extensive experience in your specific field. Katia Zavershinskaya emphasizes the value of vendors who understand the challenges, operations, and dynamics of your organization. Having an industry-specific perspective allows for more effective buy-in from stakeholders and better integration of technology.
2. Customer Support: In the fast-paced world of sports, teams are constantly on the move. Therefore, responsive and global customer support is a must. Sports organizations require assistance when and where they need it.
3. Integrations: Adding more and more point solution apps is cumbersome for your players and support team. Incorporating an efficient tech stack that consolidates various tools saves both time and money. Seamless integration allows for better workflow, reducing inefficiencies and streamlining operations.
4. Data Security: Dealing with large amounts of personal and sensitive data is common for sports clubs. It's essential to partner with a vendor who prioritizes data security and can demonstrate the necessary diligence in keeping your data safe.
5. Tech Roadmap: An effective SAAS vendor should provide a well-thought-out technology roadmap, ensuring that the service remains current and adaptable. Integration, openness, and ease of data transfer are vital aspects of a roadmap.
6. A Culture of Collaboration: Collaboration is key. A vendor that aligns with your organization's culture and values fosters a partnership rather than a buyer-seller relationship. Open dialogue and the ability to work together to bridge gaps and meet specific needs allow for greater success.
How Teamworks Can Support You
Sometimes, you don't know what you don't know. To help you make informed choices for your organization's future growth, consider the checklist we've provided. It serves as a guide to ensure you're asking the right questions of your tech partner.
If you’re interested in learning more about Teamworks’ comprehensive tech system designed specifically for the sports industry, connect with us. Crafted by sports engineers, our technology is tailored to better support elite sports organizations worldwide. We understand the unique needs and challenges sports clubs face and have created solutions that empower organizations to perform at their best.