Coordinator of Equipment/
Director of Baseball Operations
University of Memphis
1. What are the biggest differences that you’ve seen in your program as a result of Teamworks?
- Teamworks helps us hold each other accountable because it eliminates the simple excuses and allows us to easily make sure everyone is where they’re supposed to be.
- We also cut out a ton of paperwork, because everything is so easily accessible from our phones.
- Our players love Teamworks, especially on road trips, because a list of everything they need to bring with them right on their phones.
- Our coaches love it because they can easily post files for the whole team to see.
- Being able to keep up with student-athletes’ class schedules has been a big advantage for our coaches as well.
2. Initially, how did you know that Teamworks was something Memphis Baseball needed?
“As soon as we sat down to discuss Teamworks, our Associate AD of Finance said, “I’ve been using Teamworks for the past eight months, and I know why you want it.”
After hearing how beneficial it is for our football program and the good things our administration said after using it for the 2017 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Regionals, I was excited about the possibility. As soon as we sat down to discuss it, our Associate AD of Finance said, “I’ve been using Teamworks for the past eight months, and I know why you want it.” It was an easy decision for us to jump on board.
Once we started using Teamworks, our players really grasped it. Teamworks has helped everyone be more involved in the program. Players and staff members tell me all the time that they love Teamworks; that it has saved them from missing appointments. It’s really taken off for us.
3. What do your student-athletes think about Teamworks?
“Teamworks is our comfort zone. We don’t have to worry about remembering every little thing because we know Teamworks is going to remind us.”
Our players love Teamworks. These players are moving fast and their days are long, packed with school, baseball and their personal lives. Teamworks has helped our student-athletes balance their time, which has been very valuable for them.
We’re also able to send out alerts or reminders to the team through Teamworks. That’s been a huge help. As busy as our players are, it’s easy to forget things. Teamworks is our comfort zone. We don’t have to worry about keeping track of everything, because we know Teamworks is going to remind us.
4. How has Teamworks impacted your team’s travel?
“Teamworks helps us make sure everybody is where they’re supposed to be at the proper time, so we don’t ever feel rushed.”
Teamworks has cut out a ton of confusion and made our team travel much smoother. If we go on the road for a weekend series, everything is moving at a pretty rapid pace. Teamworks helps keep us up to speed on everything. We never have to slow things down, because Teamworks keeps our operation flowing steady.
Our head coach is big on routine, and Teamworks keeps our routine in check. Teamworks helps us make sure everybody is where they’re supposed to be at the proper time, so we don’t ever feel rushed.
5. How has Teamworks affected your day-to-day responsibilities?
“Teamworks makes me more effective and better at my job because it has made what I do so much easier.”
Teamworks makes me more effective and better at my job because it has made what I do much easier. It’s given me more time to concentrate on more important things, instead of creating spreadsheets for itineraries, equipment or anything else. With Teamworks, I don’t have to stay at the office as long as I used to, which allows me to have more personal time.
We had 15 new first-year players come in this year, and I had all their profiles set up and all their information in Teamworks two months before they arrived. By the time they got here, I was way ahead of the curve. There is no doubt that Teamworks makes my job easier and gives me more time to get things done.
6. What is like to work with Teamworks?
“Teamworks thrives on customer service. I need to have somebody to lean on at certain times. Whenever I’ve leaned on Teamworks, Teamworks has responded.”
I think one of the best qualities of Teamworks is the customer service. I’m not the most technical person, but the ease of the mobile and desktop versions and the Customer Success team at Teamworks make using the technology simple. If I have any questions, someone at Teamworks is always available by either hitting the help link, chatting, texting or making a phone call. Having an account manager there to assist us is really beneficial. I’ve sent some questions in and got a quick response every time.
Teamworks thrives on customer service. I need to have somebody to lean on at certain times, and whenever I’ve leaned on Teamworks, Teamworks has responded.