INFLCR, a part of Teamworks’ Operating System for Sports™, is the most used NIL solution in Division I college athletics, serving over 270 institutions and nearly 100,000 student-athletes. For the past 18 months, the Southland Conference has partnered with INFLCR to deliver content and media to their student-athletes. Today, their partnership leveled up, as the Southland Conference becomes the first conference to engage in a conference-wide deal with INFLCR to provide custom-branded NIL Exchanges for each school.
Teamworks’ VP of Business Development, Kevin Barefoot, sat down with Commissioner Chris Grant to discuss the partnership and the future of Southland Conference student-athletes.
Be Bold & Dictate Your Future
NIL has been an ever-changing landscape over the past two years, and navigating the rules and regulations has been difficult. Under the vision of being bold and charting a course for their student-athletes, Commissioner Grant and the Southland Conference ADs are committed to providing a variety of resources to their student-athletes . As The Southland Conference signs the first conference-wide deal with NIL exchanges, they are putting themselves in a position to dictate their future and drive NIL opportunity and success for their student-athletes.
Going All In on Functionality
The Southland Conference will now have access to the full functionality of the INFLCR product. This includes the following features:
- Content: INFLCR delivers content - photos and videos - to students on and off the field. This empowers them to easily share team-approved content via social media to grow their audience and monetize their NIL.
- Educational Assets: the INFLCR app offers a library of educational resources surrounding NIL.
- Admin Tools: using a comprehensive toolset, admins have visibility into NIL deals and a clear pathway to connect with student-athletes to provide education and guidance.
- NIL Exchanges: custom-branded INFLCR NIL Exchanges for each school will serve as a front door for NIL deals, allowing interested parties, such as brands, collectives, donors, and fans, to register to work directly with Southland student-athletes.
Ensuring NIL Success
Signing the deal was the first step, but The Southland Conference is committed to providing resources from the center to drive success. To that end, the Southland Conference has hired Charles Davis to implement and elevate the usage of the INFLCR platform. Davis has over 18 years of creative experience, leading creative teams at collegiate athletic departments and, most recently, with the XFL. He joins the Southland Conference as the Assistant Commissioner of Creative Media & NIL Brand Strategy to help student-athletes build and develop their NIL businesses and drive strategy and usage of the INFLCR technology.
NIL is here to stay, and many consider right now a golden opportunity for student-athletes to monetize their NIL. Here are the trends and momentum that The Southland student-athletes expect to keep building over the next year:
- Quarter over quarter for the last eight months, there has been a 20% increase in average transactional volume
- The average deal size is $1900 across all DI athletes
- FCS student-athletes see an average deal size of $1400
- The median transaction is $55
- 70% of deals include social media
- Collectives are growing - in the last year, 72% of all deals run through INFLCR have included collectives
Come Together and Win
Now that Southland student-athletes have all the tools to succeed with NIL, it’s time for the deals to start rolling in. Easier said than done. NIL takes work and continuing education, and INFLCR, in partnership with the Southland Conference, each athletic director and administrative staff is committed to providing ongoing education and support for the student-athletes. As the school year kicks off, we will collectively focus on ensuring the student-athletes get the technology in their hands, know how to navigate the app, elevate their profiles, and take advantage of the NIL opportunities. Together we will win.
See this partnership in action and learn more about how Southland student-athlete, Bailey Tillman on how she's using INFLCR to grow her NIL.